The Land Of The Basques
07 Days / 06 Nights
Euskal Herria, The Land of the Basques in the local language, is a fascinating destination which comprises in a relatively small piece of land, a great diversity of sceneries from the ocean, to the mountain range and from modern cities to countryside and vineyards. Nestled in a mountainous corner of Atlantic Europe, the land of the Basques is still wrapped in a mistery and legend story. The origin of this people is uncertain, whose language – Euskera - is said to be the oldest living language in Europe and unrelated to any other spoken in the continent, or indeed the world. Euskera's mysterious origins have fuelled too the debate about, whether the Basques can boast the oldest European culture. By BASQVIUM Travel, Food and Culture
In an age of peak global homogeneity, when distinct cultures are vanishing, there is something invigorating, disorientating even, about arriving in the Basque Country. Split between Spain and France, the Basque Country is perhaps the most over-achieving locale on the planet right now. Seven provinces, two countries, one people, three languages. A “nation without a state” — left off the map when they drew Europe’s national borders. With urban excitement, sunny beaches with some of the best surfing in the world, an idyllic climate, a beautiful mountain range, spectacular modern architecture, tasty pintxos (the Basque take on tapas), and feisty, free-spirited people, this region is filled with cultural treats.
These are some selected pictures available here - for more pictures do visit our blog
- Hotel accomodation provided on twin sharing basis
- AC / Non AC preferrence can be given
- All in-room orders are charged ala carte
- Transport in a private deluxe bus for all the route.
- Transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport.
- Accommodation in 3-4 star hotels, breakfast included. Category of the hotels can be choosed on demand.
- Meals to be discussed, depending on the particular needs. Possiblity of booking on route. Free in the cities.
- Entrance to Museums if it is planned.
- Local Travel Guide English spoken.
- Liability Insurance.
- 5% GST
- Airfare costs.
- Entrance to Museums or other sites not included in the Itinerary.
- Any expenses of personal nature, like tips to driver & guide, cigarettes, laundry, telephone calls, mini bar etc
- All extra incurred at the Hotel other than mentioned.
- Meals or dinners not mentioned in inclusions.
- Airport and Visa taxes
- Travel Insurance, if it is included in origin
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
- Bilbao - 02 Nights
- Donostia - 02 Nights
- San Sebastian - 02 Nights
- Laguardia - 01 Night
- Arrival in the International Airport of Bilbao.
- Bus Transfer to the hotel.
- Side visits depending on the arrival time. Night in the city
- We start the trip visiting Bilbao, the vibrant economical capital city of the Basque Region.
- We will visit the Old Quarters, that houses many monumental buildings, like Arriaga Theatre, Arched Square (Plaza Nueva) and Saint Jaques Cathedral of Gothic style.
- And from the old, we will move to the modern Bilbao, highlighting the spectacular Guggenheim Museum designed by Frank O. Gehry, which surprises to the visitor with its originality.
- The visit in Bilbao can be completed with a boat trip through the Nervion River, to see the urban transformation of Bilbao. Night in the city.
- We take the bus to travel along the province of Bizkaia, stopping first in the Bizkaia Suspension Bridge.
- We will cross it on foot from the top and continue the trip through the beautiful scenery of the Biscayan coast stopping in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
- After having lunch, we will enter the nearby Gipuzkoa province, famous for its cider houses and the Idiazabal cheese
- After crossing the mountainous Deba Valley, we will travel along the beautiful Gipuzkoan coast, where highlights the Basque Coast Geopark, an spectacular formation of rock layers, known as Flysch deposits and crossing through fishing villages like Getaria and stunning beaches like Zarautz, to arrive finally to the capital city of Donostia – San Sebastian, named as European Capital of Culture in 2016. Night in the city or sorroundings.
- We will visit so this Old Part and stroll along the maritime promanade, till the famous sculpture Comb of the Winds.
- And the visit to Donostia can be completed with an excursion to Igeldo mountain, with astonishing views of the sea. Night in the city or sorroundings.
- From Donostia – San Sebastian the French border, We will go this time by road to enter Iparralde (The French Basque Country), where we will feel that, although we cross a physical border, we still recognized Basque people and symbols.
- We will start travelling through the coast of Bay of Biscay, where we can find delightful seaside fishing ports like St-Jean de Luz (Donibane Lohitzune) and the glitzy beach resort of Biarritz, summer destination for European Royal families during XIX and XX centuries.
- In the afternoon we will go inland, up in the lush hills, little one-street villages, reflecting the colors of the Basque flag and green valleys traversed by hiking trails, fan out till the walled town of St-Jean Pied de Port (Donibane Garazi), an age-old stop for pilgrims heading over the Spanish border to Santiago de Compostela.
- We will have time to walk through their walled streets with ancient houses and visit the pilgrims sites.
- Come back to San Sebastian and night in the city or sorroundings.
- We leave the coast to go to the southern part of the Basque territory to enter Araba province, where the administrative capital of the region, Vitoria-Gasteiz is located.
- Enjoying the mild climate of northern Spain, with plenty of sunshine, enough rainfall and a variety of climates and soils, La Rioja is the perfect place for growing vineyards, specially for the tempranillo grape variety, ideal for the red wines.
- We will have the chance to travel through this fantastic landscape, stopping in several wineries to learn about the world of wine and of course to taste it, together with local gastronomy specialities like Potatoes in Riojan style or grilled lamb ribs.
- We will spend the night in Laguardia village, recently nominated as one of the 44 most beautiful villages in Spain, which soil, underneath, is full of ancient wine caves, still working with the traditional method of producing wine.
- The last day of the trip, we will travel back to Bilbao through the Gorbea Natural Park.
- Arriving in Bilbao and depending on the time, we could still have time for last shopping or the last pintxos tasting.
- Bus Transfer to the Airport and end of the trip.
|Ex Bilbao |
|Joining and Leaving||Euro 1500
Note: GST 5% (Government Tax) on total package price
Terms and Conditions
- Above rates are valid on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
- Rates are subject to change in case of any additional taxes, government fees change etc.
- Any meals and services unless mentioned in the itinerary, are not included.
- In case of unavailability in the mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
- EziiTours reserves the right to decline any passenger.
Payments can be done by Cheque, Cash or Online using Debit Card or Credit Card
- 3 months in advance: 60%
- 2 months in advance: 70%
- 1 month in advance: 100%
- 30 or more days before departure: 25%
- 15 or more days before departure: 50%
- 4 to 7 days before departure: 100%
Departure / Tour Dates
|February 2018 - Book Now|
|March 2018 - Book Now|
|April 2018 - Book Now|
|May 2018 - Book Now|
|June 2018 - Book Now|
In their Words: Reviews
An amazing trip to Himalaya and visit to Mahavtar Babaji Cave, would not have been possible without EziiTours. I have been waiting for this visit for almost 10 years .... Read More
VERY well planned tour.... awesome facility.....accommodation and food service is good.....you guys are doing good job..... I enjoyed lot.....thank you EziiTours.....
EziiTours बरोबर मी गिरनार वारी केली होती...कधीही न विसरता येईल असा सुंदर अनुभव ह्या वारी मधे आला... मी व्यक्तीश: चेतन चे आभार मानतो की त्याने ह्या ठिकाणाचे दर्शन उत्तम रितीने घडवुन आणले.. चेतनच्या पुढील सहलिंना शुभेच्छा..
सौराष्ट्रात काठेवाड प्रांतात जुनागड संस्थानात गिरनार पर्वत स्थित आहे..साधू संतांच्या वास्तव्याने पुनीत झालेल्या या पर्वतावर दत्तगुरूंचा नित्य निवास असतो.दत्तगुरूंच्या कृपाशिर्वादाची अनुभूति घेण्यासाठी गिरनारला इजी टूरसोबत जरूर भेट द्या. जय गिरनारी पार लगा दो नैय्या हमारी
सर्वात प्रथम तुमचे मनापासून आभार की तुमच्यासोबत मला द्वारका-सोमनाथ-गिरनार ही ट्रिप करायला मिळाली. खुप दिवसांपासून गिरनार दर्शन करायचं मनात होतं ते तुमच्यामुळे शक्य झाले. बाकी तुमच्या सर्व्हिसबद्दल सांगायचे तर खूप उत्तम दर्जाची सर्व्हिस मिळाली. एक धार्मिक ट्रिप असून सुद्धा कुठल्याही प्रकारची कमतरता नव्हती. पुण्यापासूनचा एकूण प्रवास, जेवण, हॉटेल या सर्वांची खुप उत्तम सोय तुम्ही केली, कमी पैसे घेऊनसुद्धा यांच्या दर्जात कुठल्याही प्रकारची तडजोड केली नाही. ...
EziiTours provided us with an excellent set of facilities at affordable rates. One can say " A guaranteed dream journey with a divine eperience." Superb!!!